Is Nutrisystem or Medifast better for weight loss? Both diet plans have been proven to work. But people often ask: What tastes better, Nutrisystem or Medifast? Which food is better? Which is cheaper, Nutrisystem or Medifast?
Compare Medifast to Nutrisystem: Food, Taste, Cost, etc
- The cost of Nutrisystem is $9.82 a day. You pay $275 for 4 weeks of food delivered to your home. While you navigate their site, Nutrisystem will often give you a $30 off coupon code which brings the cost of their plan down to $8.75/day.
- Nutrisystem is a meal delivery service which provides meals and snacks that are calorie controlled and prepackaged, only requiring the users to supplement with dairy and vegetables. The Nutrisystem food is available in shelf stable options and a restaurant-quality fresh frozen line of meals.
- Nutrisystem program includes diet plans which are designed for everybody who wants to become fit and lose weight. The plans include: core, diabetic, silver, vegetarian, women and men diet plans.
- The program provides dieters everyday with all the food they need—5 meals a day. That is, breakfast, lunch, dinner, desserts and snacks. You do have to supplement with some dairy and vegetables.
- There are over 150 menu choices.
- You eat 6 meals a day for a total of 1,200 – 1,500 calories. Expect to lose 1-2 pounds a week. If you get the Turbo plan expect to lose 10lb and 5 inches the first month. If you get the Lean13 plan, you will lose up to 13lb and 7 inches the first month.
- Nutrisystem has a special fitness program for its users which is known as My Daily 3. The program ensures users engage in daily fitness activities which make their weight loss much more effective and quicker.
- There is a free weight loss community site where dieters can get free weight loss tips, diet counseling and community support.
- All of the the foods which are offered by the Nutrisystem program are low GI (Glycemic Index) which helps dieters keep check on their blood sugar levels. The foods are rich in vitamins, proteins, minerals, fiber, and numerous other essential nutrients.
- Nutrisystem program offers weight loss tracking tools, including the Numi app, which help dieters stay motivated and keep track of their weight loss efforts.
- It’s very easy to follow the plan because there is very little preparation involved from your part.
- There is a 14-day money back guarantee.
- Medifast is more expensive than Nutrisystem. The cost for the Medifast diet is $10/day, but this does not include the two meals a day which you have to prepare yourself. These two meals add significantly to the cost of the diet plan. Medifast calls these two meals: “Lean and Green”, and while their 30-day kit includes 9 of these meals (such as Chicken cacciatore, Beef stew, and Turkey meatball marinara), the remaining 51 “Lean and Green” meals of the month you have to prepare and cook yourself, or buy from a restaurant.
- Like Nutrisystem, Medifast is a meal delivery service which provides dieters with pre packaged meals. However, the menu contains mostly shakes, bars soups and pastas, and less restaurant-type meals. They do offer a handful of microwaveable-ready meals such as Beef stew, and Chicken with Rice and Vegetables, but nothing like Nutrisystem’s big variety of lunches and dinners many of which are restaurant-quality.
- Medifast is designed for everyone. They have a special guide for seniors, nursing mothers, diabetics, and even teens.
- Every day, you eat 4 Medifast meals + 2 Lean and Green meals + 1 Snack. Medifast meals are mostly breakfast-type meals or replacement meals.
- You can choose among 70 menu choices.
- You eat 6 meals a day for a total of 1,000-1,300 calories a day. This is less calories than Nutrisystem. As a result you will lose weight faster. However, you will feel hungrier at the beginning.
- Medifast offers dieters an exercise guide which includes all kinds of exercises to do whilst following the diet.
- There is a free weight loss community site where dieters can get diet recipes, weight loss tips, diet support and much more.
- They do have some gluten free meals that are approved by GFCO (Gluten Free Certification Organization).
- Medifast has created MyWellness—an app to help you monitor your weight loss progress
- There is a 30-day money back guarantee.
Should I do Medifast or Nutrisystem to lose weight? If you want a plan that gives you some flexibility to include your own foods and tastes, then go with Medifast. However, if you value time and convenience more than flexibility, and you want a plan that allows you to choose from a big variety of foods in order to totally avoid cooking and calorie counting, go with Nutrisystem. With Nutrisystem, you can eat out if you want provided you make wise choices (they have a Dine out Guide for this). Both plans have been clinically proven to be safe and effective.